What students are permitted to participate in our athletic activities this summer?
- Students entering grades 7-12 for the 2020-2021 school year are permitted to participate.
How do I know if my sport is returning to conditioning/skills?
- Coaches will individually be reaching out to their programs to let them know what summer programming will be for their sport.
- Contact the head coach (click on link) – HEAD COACHES 2020-21
- Questions high school athletics – email@example.com
- Questions middle school athletics – firstname.lastname@example.org
Have fall sports been postponed?
- No. Fall sports have not been postponed at this time. The OHSAA is “planning” for the “possibility” of changes to fall sports, but they are doing this so they are prepared if that were to be the case. Currently, fall sports are on as scheduled; the first official day of fall sports tryouts/practice is August 1st. We will have communication in June regarding tryout/practice information.
What is the status of academic eligibility for the fall season?
- On May 28th, the OHSAA announced that the scholarship bylaw would be waived for the first grading period of the 2020-2021 school year and all students grades 7-12 will be considered academically eligible for the start of fall sports. This exception is being made due to the COVID-19 pandemic that drastically altered the grading practices of school districts across the state during the fourth grading period of the 2019-2020 school year. Please note, scholarship bylaw will be in effect for the second grading period and all student athletes will be required to pass 5 one-credit hour courses in the first grading period and meet BOE approved guidelines to maintain their academic eligibility for the second grading period.
What is the status of Youth Sports Camps?
- At this time, all camps have been cancelled.