North Olmsted City Schools is working collaboratively with the Ohio High School Athletic Association and Ohio Department of health to slowly begin a “Return to Play” for student athletes. Beginning June 1st the athletic stadium will be open to student athletes and visitors. Because safety remains to be our number one priority, the stadium will be operating under the recommended guidelines set forth by Ohio Department of Health and supported by the Ohio High School Athletic Association.
High School Stadium is now open to residents
All water fountains are off limits
Locker rooms will remain closed
Restrooms will remain closed
The Ohio Department of Health mandates that masks are required for visitors/parents/guardians
Visitors should maintain six-foot social distancing
No group activities /No games /No scrimmages
No physical contact
Failure to adhere to guidelines may result in removal from the facility
Indoor and outdoor facilities will open for fall sports teams starting on June 8th
- Contact your sport specific head coach for team workout details
- Questions: email@example.com
Student athlete return-to-play reminders
- Limited bathrooms available at North Olmsted High School
- All water fountains are off limits. Athletes must bring their own water. There will be no sharing of water bottles.
- Locker rooms will remain closed. Athletes need to show up dressed and ready to go.
- Cleaning products will be provided by the district. Athletes must wipe down their equipment before and after use.
- All coaches will be required to wear masks
- The Ohio Department of Health encourages athletes to wear masks
- Attendance will be taken at each workout session.
- Pre-Workout Screening will be conducted by all coaches and athletes and before workouts. Anyone experiencing symptoms must stay home. (Symptoms include coughing, shortness of breath or difficulty of breathing, fever chills, muscle pain, sore throat, and new loss of taste or smell.)
- Indoor training and contact sport requirement – Pre-Workout Screening temperature checks will be conducted by all Coaches and Athletes before workouts.
- Indoor training cleaning stations – Spray bottles and sanitizer will be available at all indoor areas. Athletes and staff will wipe down all equipment after use. Athletes and coaches will sanitize hands upon entry into each area.
Workout Guidelines – Phase 1
- Athletes will work in small groups.
- Individuals will remain in the same groups during phase 1 of return to play
- No visitors during workouts.
- All athletes will need to leave school grounds immediately following a workout.
- Students will be encouraged to shower at home following workouts.
- Social distancing six-foot requirement will be enforced at all times.
- Athletes and staff will not engage in team meetings, breakdowns, high fives, etc.