Otilia Oita – College of Wooster
Otilia has been a mainstay on the girl’s tennis team for the past four seasons. Otilia has played in the first singles position on the Eagles tennis team for the past 4 seasons.
Otilia has worked extremely hard as a tennis player and as a student at NOHS. As an athlete, Otilia has been awarded many individual awards during her NOHS tennis career.
- 4-year varsity letter winner
- 2017 3rd place finisher – #1 singles
- 2x Honorable Mention All-SWC
- 2018 SWC runner up – #1 singles
- 2018 2nd team All SWC
- 2019 SWC Champion – #1 singles
- 2019 1st team All SWC
- 2019 SWC girls tennis MVP
- 2x Lakewood Doubles Champion
- 2x MVP, 1st Team- 1st singles, 2nd-team- 1st singles
- Received Coaches Award for her hard work and commitment
- Sportsmanship Award winner during the fall sports season
- Silver Eagle Award Winner
- Undefeated during the 2019 regular season and through the SWC tournament
A few words from Mom and Dad. They are so proud of you!!
Congratulations from friends. Good luck Otilia!
Otilia has chosen the College of Wooster to further her academic and athletic careers. She will join the women’s tennis team in the fall. Otilia will be studying Biochemistry and Molecular Biology.
The reason for choosing Wooster :
“Wooster had everything I was looking for in a school! I loved the college the moment I stepped onto campus. The people are amazing at Wooster and they make you feel at home. The independent study was also a plus since it will prepare me for my career. Wooster is the perfect fit for me.”
Otilia’s plan is to get her PhD and then her goal is to work for a private company doing research in biochemistry and molecular biology.
A few words from Otilia:
- Favorite subject is AP Chemistry
- Favorite teacher at NOHS is Mrs. Holland
- Favorite sports Memory when Otilia and her team got new courts and she got to cut the ribbon. She said it felt nice to be able to play on the new courts for the first time after playing on the old ones for so long.
- Biggest accomplishment would be when she won the SWC’s and going undefeated all season. She was lucky enough to be 1st singles all four years of high school and winning the SWC’s was her main goal. She said it felt good to accomplish what I worked for her whole high school career.
- Favorite sports moment – “We usually got to the courts before our coaches did, so we would start hitting. Instead of warming up like normal people, we would try to fit 6 people on the court and we’d run around like crazy. One time while we were doing this, I somehow hit 5 balls over the fence and into the creek. The girls won’t let me live it down.”
Good Luck Otilia – Head NOHS Tennis Coach – Eric Hodge
CONGRATULATIONS AND GOOD LUCK IN THE FUTURE OTILIA!!!